My 1970 Standard Beetle Diary

Monday, October 02, 2006

New Tires, Irish Music and Hobbits!

Wow! What a weekend.

A friend of mine planned to come to Tulsa to hear the traditional Irish music group, LĂșnasa. Since I was expecting her visit and because I was also expecting to get new tires on my two prepared rims...I waited till she got here to get them put on. I figured she wouldn't want to miss out on the fun!

So, after she managed to shovel down a turkey sandwich, we hit the road with my rims and got the tires put on. I was so excited that I immediately got to work and put them on. Here, you can see that I put them on my car's "good" side. Don't they look nice?

That's Diane. She's a member of The Hobbit Hole.

I should take a moment to tell you about these guys...they're great.

These are friends of mine that have a great cause...getting much needed knives and other useful items to our troops. If you could make a donation to them, it would be much appreciated.

They also gave my husband a graduation gift that enabled us to purchase the tires, the keys, the tax and title and the floor pan for our Bug. So when I say "Let's Roll!" I can say so because of the Hobbit Hole's generous graduation gift.

So click on this to check out the website...



Time to get to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home