My 1970 Standard Beetle Diary

Friday, April 01, 2005

Happy Birthday! Ouch!

According to the label on the inside of my driver's side door, our Beetle is (about) 35 years old today. I say about, because I know it was sometime in April of 1970, but don't know the exact day. I chose April Fool's Day because it seems as good a day as any to celebrate what many might consider a foolish thing anyway.

~~~~~
Well, you know the other day I was removing that old rusty running board? I was so careful not to cut myself...kept my kids back and everything. I threw the running board in the trash and scooted the trash up against the big sliding shop door so the boys wouldn't run in to it.

Next day, I was working in the shop, sweeping it up and opened the sliding door. When I did, I hit my knuckle on the running board and sliced it open. Bummer.

Had to get a tetanus shot.



(Many thanks to my physician and his nurse for allowing me to take this picture in his office.)

1 Comments:

  • Isn't Mommy brave... :) Glad you got it done.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home