My 1970 Standard Beetle Diary

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

CSI Vee Dubya

This is my understanding of the car's history...

I have been doing a little CSI on this car. It was originally stolen and ended up in a field...the guy that Steve got it from was driving by and saw it, he asked the owner of the field if he could have it and she said sure, haul it off, that it had been in her field for as long as she lived there! So the guy hauled it home and ran a inquiry on the VIN number. That's when he found it was stolen and he contacted the rightful owner who said he could just have it. She even sent him the title!

So doing CSI on this car, I have found pennies that date back all the way to 1969, the year before the car was built. The pennies end in 1990. There are two oil change stickers on the inside of the door that date to 1992 and the registration sticker on the window is a '92.

I surmise that this car was stolen and was abandoned in a field sometime in 1992 and has been outside in the elements ever since. I find it to be in remarkably good shape considering.

I found a Terminator action figure in it, under the back seat. That would date to the 80s, right? Can you imagine, the young boy, perhaps the age of one of my jedis, played with that figure, lost it, and is now a young man?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home