My 1970 Standard Beetle Diary

Monday, March 28, 2005

Front Beam Removal

This was a busy weekend, what with family visiting and celebrating the Resurrection. We didn’t have much time to work on the car. We managed a bit.

Here we are trying to remove the front beam. I don’t know if it will have to be completely replaced, but it really is shot on the driver’s side where the shock goes in. The arm that holds the top of the shock is completely rusted away.

I disconnected the brake lines from the drums. The passenger side didn’t leak any fluid from the line when I took it apart, which I thought nothing of because I didn’t expect it to. The driver’s side did leak, which pleased me pretty much although I don’t know why and don’t really know if it even makes a difference. I guess it just did “something”. Ha!

Steve worked on this area for a while, the torsion arm...



~~~~~

I watched at this point.



~~~~~

Here he is working on “I think” the steering dampener...



~~~~~

See, this thing...



~~~~~

Here I am, working on a tie rod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home