My 1970 Standard Beetle Diary

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I Finally Got a Key!!

After all this time, I finally got a key. A friend from the Volkswagen Club of Tulsa told me about a locksmith and I took the passenger side handle by and they were able to find a code inside it that they simply typed into a computer and within a few seconds it cut me a brand new key.

Many thanks to Jerry McNickle The Locksmith on Admiral in Tulsa.



Here it is, in the unlock position of the ignition...smooth as silk.



~~~~~

Yesterday I got the other rim primed and painted...Matthew saw me working on it and took the initiative to come and take a picture...he's getting the idea!



Here they are...all ready for tires. I take them to get tires put on day after tomorrow. Will post an update then!

1 Comments:

  • thanks for the info on where to find the key number,,, i have been looking everywhere for my key., can i ask what they charged?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home