My 1970 Standard Beetle Diary

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sawhorses

This past weekend, we worked on the sawhorses that will be holding the Beetle body up in the air while we work on that rotten heater channel. The chassis will be stored underneath and we can roll it out into the shop driveway to work on it when the weather is good.

The sawhorses are massive. So heavy-duty that they don't even wiggle. They're 8 feet long and will likely last forever. When we get the body up on them, we'll chain the body into place so it doesn't fall on anyone.

Here I am securing a strap into place on one end.



Here are the (almost) finished sawhorses...



The car is so easy to roll now that it's got the Hobbit Hole tires on it that Matthew and I frequently roll it out into the shop driveway to clean it and also to clean the shop. Here's Matthew...I think he believes that by the time we finish restoring this old Bug, I'll be driving it like this...like an elderly driver! Ha!



Thanksgiving holidays are coming up and the weather is going to be beautiful! I imagine we'll get a lot done! See, even our local weather is telling us to get out and work in the Shop!



I usually get pretty grumpy if Steve turns the TV on in the shop while I'm out there. But I probably won't gripe during Bedlam on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home