My 1970 Standard Beetle Diary

Friday, September 21, 2007

There Goes My Baby with Someone New...

Bright and early this morning, I got up and pushed the car out into the shop driveway and did some last minute bolt tightening. Here it is, waiting for Pete to come and pick it up. I wish I coulda got that rear deck lid put back on but it was just too hard.





Then Pete came and got it. I was able to steer the car out onto the street while he pushed it and then steer it into position behind the hauler.



Then off they went to the Tulsa VW Car Show!!! Woohoo! The day has finally arrived!



What a wild feeling that was, seeing My Precious scooting off down the street behind Pete! Even that couldn't have been done when we got it. Remember? The wheels were fused and the rims were bent.

1 Comments:

  • Kim,

    It looks great! Hope you had a blast at the show! :-)

    By Blogger Connie, at 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home